Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2: What Is The Best Weapon Loadout?
The multiplayer mode for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is now live, and if you’re wondering what the best weapon loadout is at launch, read ahead.
Season 1 of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 will be available on November 16, 2022, and it will undoubtedly come with several weapon balance changes. Until then, here is the ideal weapon loadout for the game‘s competitive modes at launch.
Best Pre-Season Modern Warfare 2 Loadout
The best pre-season weapon loadout for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 can be seen below.
- M4 (Assault Rifle): the M4 is an all-rounder of sorts. It passes every consistency and dependability test you can throw at it. It has a low Time To Kill, which makes it even deadlier in the right hands. With this gun equipped, you can quickly gain the upper hand during medium to long range encounters.
- Lachmann Sub (SMG): the Lachmann Sub aka MP5 is currently one of Modern Warfare 2’s best guns, if not the best. It’s hands down the best weapon for close to mid range encounters. That said, you will be at a disadvantage when shooting from a distance with this gun equipped. The ideal approach is to close in and easily take your enemies out.
- M16 (Burst Rifle): the M16 is the ideal weapon for those who prefer burst-based weapons. It requires a certain degree of accuracy and has some mobility limitations. That said, its burst shooting capability is second to none, and, in the right hands and with the right attachments, it’s one of the deadliest weapons in the pre-season that’s ideal for taking quick headshots. However, there is a learning curve involved for those not familiar with burst rifles.
- SP-R 208 (Marksman Rifle): the SP-R 208 is the most widely used marksman rifle in the pre-season, and for good reason. It’s the ideal weapon for medium to long range one shot kills with a headshot. With a suppressor equipped, it’s all the more deadly.
- MCPR-300 (Sniper Rifle): a great medium to long range sniper rifle, as it strikes a good balance between damage, recoil, and velocity. While there are better options when strictly considering the long range, the MCPR-300’s versatility makes it the ideal weapon for sniper rifle users.