Destiny 2 Update 188.8.131.52 Patch Notes Today (Feb 22) For PC, PlayStation, and Xbox
Bungie has finally released the massive Destiny 2 update that prepares the game for the launch of the upcoming The Witch Queen expansion.
The Witch Queen is one of the most comprehensive expansions for the game. It adds tons of new content to the game and it is priced at $39.99. The expansion was released today for all major platforms and it comes with quite a lot of changes in the form of a massive update.
You might be wondering what is included in the latest Destiny 2 patch that was released today for The Witch Queen launch, so here are some of the platform-specific and localization changes, while you can get the comprehensive list of patch notes from the official website.
Destiny 2 Update 184.108.40.206 Patch Notes
PLATFORMS AND SYSTEMS
- Windows 10 (and up): Windowed HDR is now supported
- To use windowed HDR, players must have the in-game HDR option enabled, and Windows 10 configured to have ‘Use HDR’ enabled for the specific display:
- When playing Destiny in windowed HDR, the game will automatically swap between HDR and SDR if the window moves to a display without HDR support.
- All players (SDR or HDR) that use the software OBS on Windows 10 (and up) with Window Capture: Ensure the ‘Capture Method’ is set to ‘Windows Graphics Capture’ or capturing will display a black screen. The BitBlt setting will continue to work for previous versions of Windows.
- Windows 10 (and up): windowed fullscreen should provide the same (or better) performance compared to exclusive fullscreen.
- Under the hood, Destiny now uses DXGI flip model on Windows 10 (and up). More information can be found here.
- Screenshots are now supported when playing in HDR on PC.
- Screenshots must be taken using the in-game screenshot feature.
- HDR screenshots will be tone-mapped to SDR and saved as lossless PNG files.
- Display calibration improvements (all platforms).
- Players in HDR will see an updated calibration UI screen to adjust their settings.
- HDR calibration settings have been updated with friendlier functionality to accommodate the wide range of HDR display capabilities and viewing environments.
- SDR and HDR calibration settings are no longer stored account-wide and old settings have been reset.
- Display calibration settings are now stored per-platform: PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series S and X, PS4, PS5, and Stadia.
- SDR brightness settings no longer affect the game when playing in HDR.
- Eris for Brazilian Portuguese has been re-recorded to replace soundalike.
- Ghost for Mexican Spanish has been re-recorded to replace soundalike.
- Ghost and Drifter for Castilian Spanish have been partially re-recorded to replace soundalike.
- Will be fully re-recorded in the next update.
- Zavala for Mexican Spanish has been re-casted and re-recorded.
Destiny 2: The Witch Queen is available now for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, and PC.