PS5 Update 23.01-07.00.00.44 Is Out, Here Are The Details
Sony has released a new PS5 system software update today that appears to bump the firmware to version 23.01-07.00.00.44. Here are the details.
Sony has recently unveiled a range of new features for PlayStation 5, aimed at enhancing users’ social and gaming experiences. The new features, which include Discord voice chat, screen sharing, game library enhancements, and gameplay personalization options, are a part f this new update.
PS5 Update 23.01-07.00.00.44 Patch Notes
- Main features in this system software update:
- 1440p video output has been expanded on PS5.
- VRR (variable refresh rate) is now supported for 1440p resolution.
- More modes and HDMI devices are now supported. To check if your HDMI device supports this, go to [Settings] > [Screen and Video] > [Video Output] > [Test 1440p Output].
- You can now transfer data between PS5 consoles. Easily transfer all of your PS5 data to another PS5. This process doesn’t remove or modify your data on your original PS5.
- You can now join Discord voice chats on your PS5.
We are waiting on the official changelog from Sony but in the meanwhile, here is the list of the changes that are a part of this firmware update which was available as a Beta to selected PS5 users.
One of the most notable new features is the integration of Discord voice chat, which allows PS5 users to easily chat with their friends on other gaming platforms. To enable this feature, users need to link their Discord and PlayStation Network accounts, then use the Discord app on their mobile device or computer to start a voice chat on their PS5 console.
Another feature that will appeal to gamers is the ability to start or request a screen share directly from a friend’s profile. Users simply need to select the share screen icon on their friend’s profile to initiate a new session.
In addition, a new “Join Game” icon has been added to party chats, allowing users to quickly and easily join games their friends are playing. The new “Friends Who Play” tile also allows users to see which of their friends have a specific game, who is currently online, and who is currently playing the game.
Other features that have been added include the ability to manually upload game captures to the PlayStation App, support for Variable Refresh Rate at 1440p, game library enhancements that allow users to sort and filter games, and the ability to transfer data from one PS5 console to another using a local Wi-Fi network or LAN cable.
Let us know if you have noticed any other changes after installing this update in the comments below.