How To Share Your PS4/PS5 Videos/Screenshots After Removal of Twitter & Facebook Integration
With the removal of Facebook and Twitter integration from PS4 and PS5, users are likely looking for alternative ways to share their gameplay videos and screenshots over social media. If you find yourself in the same situation, read ahead.
With the recent announcement of integration with X (formerly known as Twitter) being taken away on both PS4 and PS5 as of November 13, 2023, PlayStation users are now left with a limited number of options for sharing gameplay videos and screenshots over their preferred social media platform. We’ve outlined some methods through which you can still share your content on Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media platform with ease.
How To Share Videos & Screenshots On PS4/PS5
There are essentially two methods to share your PS4/PS5 content without the need to hook up a USB drive to the consoles and transfer the data to a PC.
Method 1 (recommended for short 1080p videos and screenshots)
- Download the PlayStation App on your iOS or Android phone.
- Link your console to the PlayStation App by heading over to the Settings menu on the app (click the gear icon at the top-right).
- In the Console Management section under Settings, go to ‘Link Console to App’ and select the console that you would like to link to the app.
- Upon capturing a screenshot or gameplay video, you should now see it uploading to the PlayStation App automatically. Note that only videos under 3 minutes long that are non-4K can be uploaded to the PlayStation app.
- You can also choose to manually upload a screenshot or video under 3 minutes long that is non-4K by highlighting it in the Media Gallery on the console, hitting the Options button, and then choosing ‘Upload to PlayStation App’.
- On the PlayStation App, head over to the Captures tab, and look for the screenshot or video you just uploaded. Click on it and hit the download button to download it to your phone.
- Once the screenshot or video is in your phone’s gallery, you can upload it to any social media platform.
Method 2 (recommended for lengthy, 4K gameplay videos)
- Create a YouTube account if you don’t have one already.
- Link your PSN account to your YouTube account by heading over to ‘Settings > Users and Accounts > Linked Services’ on the console.
- Capture a video of up 60 minutes in length, highlight it in the Media Gallery on the console, hit the Options button, and then choose ‘Upload’.
- Enter the video details and hit the upload button to begin the upload.
- Download the video via a third-party tool or YouTube Studio and upload it to any other social media platform.