Aliens: Fireteam Elite Comes With a Massive Day One Patch
Aliens: Fireteam Elite has a pretty significant day one patch that appears to add a whole lot of stuff to the game and also comes with the usual bug fixes.
Aliens: Fireteam didn’t have Elite added in its title, and the game was even rated by ESRB, but all that changed when the game was confirmed for a release later in August. It is coming to nearly all platforms save for the Nintendo Switch. The game was developed by Cold Iron Studios and will be published by Focus Home Interactive.
As is the case with most games, there is a tradition of a massive day one patch. The download size is nearly 14 GB for this update on PS4. The new additions to Aliens: Fireteam Elite that is mentioned in the patch notes include a Horde mode and other adjustments.
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Update 1.01 Patch Notes
- Horde Mode
Horde mode is in! Complete the campaign and then talk to Shipp back on the Endeavor to open up this new gameplay mode.
- Kits, Weapons, and Combat
Balance and difficulty pass for all difficulty levels.
“Park’s Store” pricing adjustments.
Enemies and Encounters
- Xenomorph AI and pathing improvements
- Population adjustments for multiple campaigns.
Content and Environments
- Balance and difficulty pass for all difficulty levels.
- Additional Polish and bug fixing for the end escape sequence in the final mission of “The Only Way to Be Sure” campaign.
- Targeted GPU/CPU optimizations and performance improvements for PC and all console platforms.
- Environment and lighting visual improvements across all campaigns.
- Numerous environment and lighting bug fixes across all campaigns.
- Gameplay and GPU Optimizations
- Matchmaking stability and bug fixing
- AI Teammate bug fixing and improvements
Support added for:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
Aliens: Fireteam Elite will be available to play from August 24, 2021.