Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition Is Coming To PS4, PC, Switch, and Xbox One
Square Enix has confirmed a remastered version of Chrono Cross is coming to the PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch.
This remaster was revealed in a new Nintendo Direct that also showcased other games. It was confirmed for the Nintendo Switch along with other platforms in an official press release.
Chrono Cross was never released in Europe, so this remaster also marks the first time the game will be officially available there in addition to other regions around the world. It comes with exciting new features like new 3D models, the ability to toggle enemy encounters off, auto-battle, and the ability to switch between the old and new visual styles.
Here are all the new features introduced in the remaster.
- 3D models converted to HD*
- Brand new artwork and character redesign by Nobuteru Yuuki*
- Refined background music by Yasunori Mitsuda
- Switch enemy encounters on or off
- Background filter feature*
- Battle enhancement features
- Auto-battle function
- French, Italian, German and Spanish localization now added
- Switch between imitation pixel font and HD font*
- The inclusion of Radical Dreamers, never before released in the West.
- Players can choose between playing with original or updated graphics*
Take a look at the official announcement below.
This version of the game also comes with Radial Dreamers, which is a prologue to Chrono Cross. It was never officially localized by Square Enix so this marks the first time an official localization is available for this prequel.
Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition will be out on April 9, 2022, for the PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch.