God of War Ragnarok Update 4.01 Released with Minor Bug Fixes: Here are the Patch Notes
Sony Santa Monica has released a minor update for God of War Ragnarok, bringing the game version to 4.01. This update is primarily focused on bug fixes, addressing known issues that were previously listed on the game’s support page. The last major update, version 4.0, introduced the New Game Plus (NG+) mode, new equipment, an increased level cap, and new enchantments.
God of War Ragnarok Update 4.01 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where Darkdale Waist Guard or Risen Snow Armor could not be upgraded past Level 9 in NG+.
- Fixed an issue where certain quest resources were not granted upon completion in NG+ (Lindwyrm Scales, Sovereign Coals, Essence of Hel). These resources will be granted retroactively to players who should have received them.
- Fixed a rare case where the application would crash when loading certain save files.
- Fixed an issue where the “Ready for Commitment” trophy would not unlock when upgrading NG+ armor to Level 9 or above.
- Fixed an issue where the “Dragon Slayer” trophy could not be earned during NG+ if the player did not craft the Dragon Scale armor during first playthrough on base game.
- Fixed an issue where the “Phalanx” trophy could not be earned if the player crafted a Level 9+ shield prior to crafting every other type of shield.
If you receive the armor from the Lost Items Chest in the shop, you will need to restart or reload your game to get the trophy.
Please note that these trophies will be granted retroactively to players who fulfilled the prerequisites between the time the NG+ patch (v. 04.00) and this patch were implemented.
- Fixed a rare case where the application would crash in the UI.
The previous major update, version 4.0, added the NG+ mode, allowing players to replay the game with all the weapons, skills, and equipment from their previous save. New equipment included the Armor of the Black Bear, Spartan Armor, Ares Armor, and Zeus Armor. The Spartan Aspis shield was also introduced, purchasable with Hacksilver at the Huldra Brothers’ Shop. Thirteen existing armors were given new colors and styles.
New enchantments were introduced, purchasable with Gilded Coins, which players can obtain by converting equipment. These enchantments offer powerful perks and can be applied to Amulets. Defeating Berserker Souls in NG+ rewards players with Stat Boost Enchantments. Burdens, a new set of enchantments with negative perks, are also available for players seeking an additional challenge.
God of War Ragnarok is available now for PS4 and PS5. The game was developed by Sony Santa Monica Studio and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. It follows its predecessor, 2018’s God of War, which was a reboot of the franchise, shifting its roots from Greek to Norse mythology. It was a massive success at launch, setting new sales records and becoming one of the fastest-selling games published by Sony Interactive Entertainment.