Halo Infinite Playlist Update Is Out Today, Here Are All The New Changes and Additions
343 Industries has released the new Halo Infinite playlist update today for Xbox and PC. This includes a new playlist update and several other fixes.
Halo Infinite players have been demanding some new changes to the multiplayer mode, and 343 Industries is trying to address this feedback and has issued a new playlist update today that will add some exciting modes to the multiplayer.
The new playlist update will bring Team Slayer, Free-For-All (FFA) Slayer, Fiesta Slayer, and Tactical Slayer as the new Matchmaking playlist.
Halo Infinite December 14 Playlist Update Patch Notes
Many improvements come from Halo Insiders feedback and Halo Support tickets submitted by our community. Thank you for participating and please keep submitting tickets!
- Local Area Network (LAN) multiplayer is now available. There is a known issue for LAN multiplayer:
- Match settings changed in the Mode Editor still show as the defaults. The changed settings work as expected once the match begins.
- Players with AMD Radeon RX 500 Series GPUs no longer experience crashes because Async Compute in Video Settings is turned on.
- Players who have turned off Async Compute because of this can now turn it back on.
- If Halo Infinite is launched without an internet connection, players can connect to the internet while on the main menu and play online.
- This does not resolve all scenarios where the game is launched connected to the internet, later loses internet connection, and is stuck offline until the game is restarted.
- When launching in windowed mode on Steam, the window shows correct borders.
December 14 Playlist and Service Update
New Matchmaking playlists are being introduced:
- Team Slayer
- Free-For-All (FFA) Slayer
- Fiesta Slayer
- Tactical Slayer
If you do not see these playlists in-game, close and re-launch Halo Infinite to ensure you’ve received the latest changes. The Matchmaking playlist menu scrolls as well, so ensure you’ve scrolled down to view all available options.
- Easing or removal of some difficult Challenges
- Weekly Ultimate Challenges are now less intensive
- New Challenges specific to New Playlists added in this update
- New type of Challenge that rewards in-game Personal Score
- More Event Challenges appear when an Event is active
KNOWN CAMPAIGN ISSUES
Working with the developers, we have compiled a list of known issues. A few of the highest impact issues are:
- When you purchase Halo Infinite Campaign in-game, there may be a delay of several minutes while the purchase is processed before you can play.
- When playing offline or entering Campaign via Quick Resume, MJOLNIR armory customizations collected in Campaign are not unlocked in the Multiplayer Customization menu.
- The team is working on a retroactive fix for players who collected MJOLNIR armory customizations while offline.
- Workaround: when using Quick Resume or after losing your internet connection while playing Halo Infinite, close and relaunch the game before collecting any MJOLNIR armory items.
- Equipment upgrades cannot be purchased in the Upgrades menu while using the Linear Navigation accessibility feature.
- Fast travelling while dead may cause an endless load screen.
- Workaround: Close Halo Infinite and reload the save game on the main menu.
- Very rarely, players may be unable to progress the current mission. See Halo Infinite Campaign Known Issues for more details.
- Workaround: Restart the mission.
Halo Infinite is available now for the Xbox One, Xbox Series, and PC.