Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered Mod Tool Released; Here’s How To Use It
A mod tool for the PC version of Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered is now available, and here’s how you can use it.
Using the Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered PC mod tools, any asset in the game’s asset archives can be extracted and replaced. Having a simple mod file system where users can create, share, and install their mods is the basis for both creating and installing mods, and Nexus mods user jedijosh920’s tool does just that.
How To Use The Mod Tool For Spider-Man Remastered
- Extract ALL the tool files to any folder.
- Use “File” -> “Select Asset Archives Folder…” and select the “asset_archives” folder inside your game directory.
- On first use, the mod tool will issue a warning and ask you to convert your asset archives. For this, use “Tools” -> “Convert Asset Archives”, and wait a few minutes to allow the game to be compatible with modding.
- Browse the asset archives, and extract or replace any game asset you like.
- Some assets aren’t named and will, therefore, need to be hashed in the “AssetHashes.txt” folder before being compatible.
- Right click on an asset on the side files view, and select extract or replace.
- Once an asset is extracted, it will be a decompressed game file, whether it be a model, texture, actor, etc.
- Use other tools or programs to modify extracted assets, or manually hex edit them if you’re aware of the process.
- Re-import/replace the modified asset. Alternatively, asset that has the same “Asset Type” can also be swapped.
Note: In future updates, the tool will be able to process more assets on its own, without the need for external programs.
- When replacing an asset with another, it will be added to the “Save/Create Mod” modified files queue.
- The asset is not replaced in the files until you create a mod file (“.smpcmod”) for it, and use “Install Mod”.
- Mod thumbnails can be added and metadata, such as Title, Author, and Description can be changed.
Note: Users of this mod are recommend to create an “Install” mod file, which has modified files, and an “Uninstall” mod file, which has backup files.
Marvel’s Spider-Man is an action-adventure game developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment for PC on August 12, 2022. If you’ve been encountering frame rate drops and performance issues during your playthrough, here’s a simple and easy fix.