Nintendo has managed to achieve new sales record with a sell-through of $250 million encompassing a variety of different products including Nintendo Switch.
This all occurred during the Black Friday through Cyber Monday sale period when products are offered at a discount. Nintendo was offering Mario Kart Bundle for the Nintendo Switch console that featured the game and hardware for just $299. This was still expensive compared to their rival Sony and Microsoft’s offering, which were as low as $199. Despite this, they still managed to create new sales milestone in term of the console hardware sold.
According to Nintendo press release, Nintendo Switch was the best-selling console for the Holiday period from Black Friday to Cyber Monday, surpassing the record set by Nintendo Wii. The second record was for the best selling week ever for Nintendo Switch consoles, which is more than its launch week sales.
Here are some other interesting sales fact for the Nintendo family of hardware and software.
- Nintendo Switch hardware sales grew 115 percent compared to the same period in 2017.
- Lifetime sales of Nintendo Switch, which is entering only its second holiday season, have reached more than 8.2 million units.
- Sales of first-party games, including digital downloads, topped 1 million units Nov. 22-26, beating 2017’s totals by 78 percent.
- Nintendo Switch games Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! have hit combined U.S. sales of more than 1.5 million units since their Nov. 16 launch.
- Super Mario Party surpassed lifetime U.S. sales of 1 million units, becoming the fastest-selling game in the Mario Party series and the fifth million-selling first-party Nintendo Switch game in the U.S. alone, joining The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2.
- Thanks in part to strong Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday sales, the total installed base for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems has hit 22 million.
- Additionally, after 12 months of availability, lifetime combined sales of the Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon games crossed 2.2 million.
Classic Gaming Systems
- Also aided by strong Nov. 22-26 sales, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition system surpassed lifetime sales of 2.5 million.
- And the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition system surpassed lifetime sales of 2 million.
These are all fascinating numbers and heading into 2019, Nintendo fans have a lot to look forward to with Animal Crossing, new Pokemon and Bayonetta 3 in development for Nintendo Switch.