PS4 Firmware Update 10.50 Is Out, Here Are The Details
Sony has released a new PS4 firmware update 10.50 in addition to the PS5 update today. Here are the important changes in this update.
One significant update is the ability to access authorized apps in the “Settings” section. Authorized apps refer to third-party applications and services that have been linked to a user’s PlayStation Network account. When a user utilizes an authorized app, they grant permission to share their account data with that particular app. To manage authorized apps, users can go to “Settings” > “Account Management” > “Authorized Apps” and scan the QR code using their mobile device.
Additionally, the update also allows users to view their active friends on the PlayStation App, which will now show up online on their friends list. The PS4 update also enables the display of Unicode 15.0 emoji, adding more variety to the user’s communication options.
Finally, for games that support cross-platform play, users can now see which players are playing on other platforms in their game session.
PS4 Firmware Update 10.50 Changelog
- You can now access your authorized apps in Settings.
- Authorized apps are third-party apps and services that you’ve linked your account for PlayStation Network to. When using an authorized app, you give permission to share your account data with that app.
- To view and manage your authorized apps, go to Settings > Account Management > Authorized Apps, and then scan the QR code with your mobile device.
- Friends that are active on PlayStation App will now show up as online on your friends list.
- Unicode 15.0 emoji can now be displayed.
- You can see which of the players in your game session are on other platforms for games that support this feature.
Details on this update can be read on the official support website from Sony. They are also accessible as part of the update process when you can choose to view the changelog for the new PS4 firmware.
If you have noticed any other changes after installing this update, do let us know in the comments below.