PS5 System Software Update 23.02-08.20 Released, Here Are The Details
Sony has just shared a new system software update for the PS5 bumping the firmware version to 23.02-08.20. Here are the patch notes.
Since this is a minor firmware update unlike the last one, there doesn’t appear to be any major changes listed in the changelog. The last update that was a major one happened earlier in September. This was followed by a minor upgrade in October and a new firmware has been released again today.
The update size is around 850 MB on the PS5. There is no official changelog and it appears to be a minor stealth update.
PS5 System Software Update 23.02-08.20 Patch Notes
Main features in this system software update:
- Music in the control center is now much easier to use. With its two-column layout, you can easily browse various categories, playlists, and songs.
- You can avoid unintentionally broadcasting your surroundings while broadcasting games with your PlayStation VR2.
- Go to Settings > Accessories > PlayStation VR2, and turn on Block See-Through View on TV to prevent the camera see-through image from being displayed on your TV while using your PS VR2.
- If you say “What’s new?” via Voice Command on any screen, you can now check for new PS5 features.
- Currently, Voice Command (Preview) is only available in English for players with accounts for PlayStation Network in the US and UK.
- We’ve improved the messages and usability on some screens.
This was the changelog for the last firmware update and this one appears to have the same firmware version. Chances are that this is more of a security update or a fix to some issue in the earlier firmware update.
Since Sony is also planning to launch a new PS5 Slim model, it could be related to the release of this hardware. Either way, it is only Sony who can tell us what has been changed in this new update.
If you have noticed any other changes since installing this firmware update, do let us know in the comments below.