PS5 Firmware Update 23.02-08.20 Released, Here Are The Details
Sony has just pushed out a brand new PS5 firmware update version 23.02-08.20. Based on the increment, this appears to be a minor update.
The last major update for the PS5 brought in support for Dolby Atmos allowing users to enjoy 3D Audio. There was an improvement to the external storage solution as well with the new storage limit for M2 SSD improving up to 8 TB. This allows the users to store a lot of their PS5 games library on their console.
When it comes to the new system software update for the PS5, there don’t appear to be any major changes and based on the changelog, we can see that this is mostly related to internal improvements.
PS5 Firmware Update 23.02-08.20 Patch Notes
- Main features in this system software update:
- Music in the control center is now much easier to use. With its two-column layout, you can easily browse various categories, playlists, and songs.
- You can avoid unintentionally broadcasting your surroundings while broadcasting games with your PlayStation VR2.
- Go to Settings > Accessories > PlayStation VR2, and turn on Block See-Through View on TV to prevent the camera see-through image from being displayed on your TV while using your PS VR2.
- If you say “What’s new?” via Voice Command on any screen, you can now check for new PS5 features.
- Currently, Voice Command (Preview) is only available in English for players with accounts for PlayStation Network in the US and UK.
- We’ve improved the messages and usability on some screens.
You will need to update to the latest system software in order to use online multiplayer on the PS5. This is a mandatory update that should be available to download for those who try to go online on their PS5.
Sony has also announced a new revision for the PS5 hardware that appears to be slimmer in design. They are also releasing a new digital-only version of the PS5 that will support a detachable disk drive. This will allow users to either get the console with a disc drive or add one later down the line.
PS5 Slim will offer a detachable hard disk that appears to require one-time internet access in order to activate it. It remains to be seen what will happen if the servers ever go offline in the future, but so far this move hasn’t been meeting with a positive reception from the fans. The new revision is scheduled to launch in Holiday 2023.
If you have noticed any other changes, let us know about them in the comments below.