The Ascent Pre-Load Date, Download Size, and Patch Notes
The Ascent is finally coming to the PS4 and PS5. Here are the details on its download size, patch notes, and pre-load date on Sony’s consoles.
The file size of the game jas been reported to be 17.5 GB on the PS4 and PS5. This is smaller than the Xbox One version which was roughly 20 GB. The file size might have increased or decreased since then due to updates.
The Ascent Pre-Load Date and Day One Patch Notes
Patch 1.01 Notes
- New Game Plus (NG+) has been added to the game.
- We have added a ‘saving’ icon that displays on the right side of the screen at various times.
- Fixes made to stability in Single Player, including a number of 1 x crashes.
- Resolved a number of issues that will improve stability in Coop.
- Resolved a number of edge cases for controller disconnection.
- Enemies that might spawn anchored incorrectly have been fixed.
- Fixed a Local Coop issue where you could copy and overwrite profiles after specific steps were taken whilst disconnecting controllers.
- We fixed an issue where Clients could not rejoin a Host after a disconnection.
- Fixed an issue where a Player could start a Single Player game whilst accepting an invite for a Coop session.
- Resolved an issue where a Player could sometimes crawl faster during DNMO status.
- Haptics in local Coop were missing feedback, now resolved.
- Fixed an issue where a Client could experience a hang if the Host disconnected the game immediately upon loading the game.
- We fixed several issues where the Player could instigate a soft-lock by interacting with multiple ‘interacts’ at the same time.
- Fixed some minor collision issues.
The pre-load date has been revealed to be March 22. The game is expected to launch on March 24 so those who have pre-ordered it will have enough time to download it. The file size is not that large to wait for an early pre-load.
The Ascent is already available on Xbox Game Pass for PC and Xbox consoles.