The Last of Us Part II Remastered Officially Announced With Exciting New Features
The Last of Us Part II Remastered has been officially announced by Naughty Dog with plenty of new features as outlined below.
The game was earlier spotted on the PlayStation Store backend and appears to have been announced in the form of a trailer as well as an official post detailing the new features on the PlayStation Blog.
Take a look at the announcement trailer and learn more about the new features and upgrade path from PS4 to PS5 below.
New Features in The Last of Us Part II Remastered:
- New Mode – No Return: A roguelike survival mode with randomized encounters and a variety of playable characters, each with unique traits.
- Playable Characters: Some playable for the first time in the franchise.
- Guitar Free Play Mode: Players can strum across various unlockable instruments, use audio FX pedals, and play in different in-game locations.
- Lost Levels: Playable sequences cut from the original game, featuring early-development stages and developer commentary.
- Director’s Commentary: Newly recorded commentary across the campaign’s cutscenes from key figures like Neil Druckmann, Halley Gross, and main actors.
- Enhanced Graphics: Includes native 4K output in Fidelity Mode, 1440p upscaled to 4K in Performance Mode, improved texture resolution, shadow quality, and more.
- Improved Loading Times: Utilizing PS5’s power for faster game loading.
- DualSense Integration: Incorporates haptic feedback and adaptive triggers for enhanced immersion.
- Accessibility Options: Award-winning suite returns with new additions like Descriptive Audio and Speech to Vibrations.
- Speedrun Mode: Allows players to post their best times.
- Unlockable Skins: Bonus skins for Ellie, Abby, and their weapons, plus improved Photo Mode with dynamic lighting and new options.
Upgrading from PS4 to PS5:
For those who already own “The Last of Us Part II” on PlayStation 4, an upgrade to the digital version of “The Last of Us Part II Remastered” is available for $10 USD. This upgrade will be accessible from the game’s launch on January 19, 2024. To benefit from this offer, owners of the PS4 disc must have a PlayStation 5 console with a disc drive. The disc must be inserted into the PS5 every time they wish to download or play the PS5 digital version. Unfortunately, those who own a PS4 disc and buy the PS5 Digital Edition console, which does not have a disc drive, will not be eligible for the discounted upgrade. The price and upgrade details are subject to vary based on the region, so it’s recommended to check the PlayStation Store at launch for local pricing and availability.
The Last of Us Part II Remastered will be out on January 19, 2024.