The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition Best Settings For PC
Private Division and Obsidian Entertainment’s action role-playing game, The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition, has received a graphical upgrade on all platforms, and we’ve put together the best settings for getting optimized performance on low-to-mid end PC specs.
Before we delve into the best settings for The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition on PC, make sure you’ve updated your GPU drivers and Windows to their latest respective versions. Additionally, disable or close any unnecessary background applications in order to reduce the CPU overhead as much as possible. The settings detailed ahead should provide a more optimized balance between graphics and frame rate compared to the presets available in-game.
The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition Best Settings
The settings below are there to serve as a broad starting point for further optimization based on your specific hardware specs. As a result, you may need to tweak some settings until you find a sweet spot based on your display’s refresh rate and the overall performance you seek.
- Window Mode: Fullscreen
- Resolution: As per the native resolution of your display and preference
- Frame Rate Limit: As per the max refresh rate of your display and preference
- Vertical Sync: Disabled on a VRR/G-Sync supported display, Enabled otherwise
- 3D Resolution: 100%
- Motion Blur: as per personal preference
- Screen Effects: High
- View Distance: Medium (or higher if performance headroom is available)
- Shadows: Medium
- Textures: Ultra (or lower on GPUs with less than 8 GB of VRAM)
- Visual Effects: High
- Foliage: Medium
What Are The Upgrades
The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition update brings several new graphical and Quality of Life features, which are listed below.
- Updated environments with improved asset quality
- Increased material quality in many areas
- Improvements to the AI
- More appropriate NPC pathing
- New animations for marauders
- Enhanced VFX
- More life-like characters
- Updated lip sync
- Improved facial animations
- Increased hair shader fidelity
- Increased skin shader fidelity
- Improved load times
The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition is the definitive version of the 2019 original. It has been remastered with a variety of improvements, as stated above. Obsidian’s renowned player-driven narrative is prominently featured in the game. Decisions you make have an impact on character development, companion stories, and end-game scenarios in addition to how your story progresses.