Alan Wake 2 Update 1.08 Shoots Out With More Than 200 Fixes
Remedy Entertainment has released Alan Wake 2 update 1.08 today on PC, PS5, and Xbox Series S|X. Details on the fixes can be seen in the patch notes below.
Key areas of focus include localization and audio improvements, with better subtitle timings and enhanced localized audio for live-action cinematics. Visual and cinematic refinements have also been addressed, tackling graphical issues, improving lip sync in certain instances, and ironing out minor cinematic discrepancies. The update brings performance enhancements, particularly in image aliasing for Performance mode and Xbox Series S, along with improved lighting, UI polish, and various gameplay fixes.
Additionally, the update resolves specific mission-related issues, ensuring smoother progression and fixing bugs that could hinder player movement or block progress. PC players benefit from platform-specific enhancements, including drag-and-drop support for inventory management, stability in graphics settings, improved window handling, and consistent cursor visibility in menus.
Alan Wake 2 Update 1.08 Patch Notes
- Enhanced subtitle timings across all languages for improved synchronization.
- Upgrades to localized audio in live-action cinematics for a more immersive experience.
- Comprehensive audio-related enhancements and additional refinements for clarity.
- Lip sync improvements in specific instances for better character interaction.
- Resolution of various graphical issues within the environments for a smoother visual experience.
- Addressing minor issues in cinematics to maintain narrative consistency.
- Enhancements to image aliasing in Performance mode and on Xbox Series S for improved graphics.
- Rectification of lighting issues in multiple locations to ensure visual consistency.
- Various User Interface related fixes and additional refinements for a more intuitive experience.
- A series of gameplay fixes and improvements to enhance user interaction and enjoyment.
- Minor gameplay adjustments for a more balanced and enjoyable experience.
- Improved auto-aim functionality in specific circumstances for a more user-friendly experience.
- Resolution of rare player character animation issues to maintain immersion.
- Addressing various issues in the Case Board for a smoother gameplay experience.
- Rectification of various map issues for more accurate navigation.
- Fixes implemented for several conversations that were failing to trigger, potentially blocking progress.
- Resolution of issues with Rose’s dialogue choices sometimes not being selectable, ensuring progress is not hindered.
- Addressing a rare issue with Saga’s lines not playing at the Sheriff’s Station, ensuring narrative progress.
- Resolving potential problems where the player could get stuck in a Case Board Tutorial.
- Addressing exploration rewards for Lighthouse to ensure proper recognition of player achievements.
Mission Specific Adjustments:
- INVITATION: Resolution of a bug where Saga could become stuck in the environment.
- CASEY: Addressing potential issues with player immobilization when falling from ladders and ensuring the Dark Presence remains a threat. Also, a fix for a rare crash.
- ZANE’S FILM: Resolution of a bug where Alan could fall through the environment.
- SCRATCH: Addressing issues where Saga could fall through the world, fixing a gate lock issue after reloading a save game, and addressing rare circumstances where the player could end up outside of the game world or be unable to pick up the Lighthouse key.
- WE SING: Resolution of a bug where Alan could become stuck in the environment.
- ROOM 665: Fixing an alignment issue with the Oceanview Hotel Lobby Echo.
- MASKS: Addressing an issue where specific player actions in an unpredictable order could block mission progress.
- DEERFEST: Resolution of an issue with physics-related props potentially blocking player progress.
- COME HOME: Addressing rare instances where the player could not exit the radio, TV, or manuscript interact modules.
Platform-Specific Adjustments (PC):
- Introduction of drag-and-drop support for inventory management.
- Resolution of a bug that could reset graphics settings upon game launch.
- Improvements to PC Window handling logic for a smoother user experience.
- Addressing instances where the mouse cursor would sometimes not appear in menus
Alan Wake 2 is available now for PS5, PC, and Xbox Series S|X. Read our review to learn more about the game.