Babylon’s Fall Is Online-Only Game, Supports Cross-play Between PC and PS4/PS5
Square Enix’s Babylon’s Fall has received some new details courtesy of a development video in which developers reveal some new information.
In the 11 minutes long behind-the-scenes video, we learn some new details for the game including the information on the game being always online, supporting cross-play, and more.
The original developer video is in Japanese but we have summarized some of the important information from the video below.
- The game has a server-client system.
- It offers a “unique, non-Western worldview of high fantasy that is not straightforward.”
- “The objective of the game is to conquer the giant tower of Babylon, and the goal is to reach the top by conquering the layers. Volcanoes and snowy mountains are also inside the tower.”
- You can equip two weapons in a place called the Gideon Arms. There is a strong and light attack.
- The difficulty level is easier than Nier: Automata.
- There are options for those who are good at action.
- There will be more than just swords, hammers, bows, rods, and shields.
- It is a hack-and-slash game so players can still enjoy it after finishing the story.
- There are some character growth elements, but no skill trees. Basically, it’s a game where you strengthen your character with weapons and armor.
- The game is online-only and won’t be playable offline.
- Cross-play is supported but no cross-buy or cross-save.
- No additional fees for additional game modes.
- No plans for PVP.
Babylon’s Fall is getting a closed beta test soon. The developers want the fans to play it to set their expectations in check before the final game. It will be released for PS4, PS5, and PC. The game was originally announced back in 2019 when it was revealed as a single-player game. The focus changed to online multiplayer which was seen with the latest gameplay trailer. It is currently targeting the 2022 release window.