Here Are The Best Selling Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One Games of All Time In Japan
Famitsu has shared the sales data for the Xbox consoles in Japan including a list of the best-selling software that includes all major exclusives.
Xbox never had a lot of luck with selling well in Japan. While Microsoft managed to do well with the X360, it was still a far cry compared to the other consoles in the market. The OG XB didn’t fare that well in Japan either despite the support of Japanese developers, while the XB1 just failed out of the gate.
Interestingly, we finally have a list of the top-selling games on the XB consoles in Japan courtesy of Famitsu (via GameDataLibrary). Get the list below.
Best Selling Games for OG Xbox
- Dead or Alive 3 – 217K
- Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball – 127K
- Halo – 76K
- Dead or Alive: Ultimate – 62K
- Ninja Gaiden – 56K
- Murakumo – 52K
- Genma Onimusha – 49K
- Halo 2 – 45K
- Panzer Dragoon Orta – 43K
- Shin Megami Tensei Nine – 42K
Best Selling Game for Xbox 360
- Star Ocean: The Last Hope – 208K
- Tales of Vesperia – 204K
- Blue Dragon – 203K
- The Last Remnant – 154K
- Kinect Adventures – 154K
- Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation – 149K
- Forza Motorsports 2 – 130K
- Resident Evil 5 – 123K
- Monster Hunter Frontier Online – 123K
- Beautiful Katamari – 115K
Best Selling Games for Xbox One
- Titanfall – 43K
- Kinect Sports Rivals – 25K
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection – 18K
- Dead Rising 3 – 13K
- Forza Motorsport 5 – 13K
- Minecraft: Xbox One Edition – 11K
- Halo 5: Guardians – 10K
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare – 9K
- Forza Horizon 3 – 7K
- Forza Horizon 4 – 6K
Interestingly, we also get the sales number for the hardware. According to Famitsu, OG XB shipped 24M, X360 shipped 85.80M, and XB1 shipped 49.89M. These numbers have been revealed for the first time provided they are indeed correct. It also shows how drastic the drop was going from the Xbox 360 to Xbox One.
Xbox Series appears to show some traction in the Japanese market thanks to the impact of Game Pass. Series S and X continue to sell out in Japan and are usually out of stock.