Control Will Run At 1440p/30 With Ray-Tracing On PS5/XSX, Supports DualSense Features
Remedy’s Control will be launch as part of the Ultimate Edition for PS5 and Xbox Series X in addition to Xbox Series S. Here are the details on this release.
First of all, you won’t need to purchase the Ultimate Edition if you have a PS Plus subscription. Sony has announced that the game will be available for free as part of the PS+ subscription in February, so there’s some good news here.
505 Games has updated its official support page today adding new entries related to the upcoming Ultimate Edition. They answer a few questions e.g the specs and features for Control Ultimate Edition on PS5 and Xbox Series consoles.
First of all, here is a summary of what is included in this Control Ultimate Edition.
- Control base game
- The Foundation (Expansion 1)
- AWE (Expansion 2)
- The Expeditions end game mode, Photo Mode and all of the content updates since the release of the original game
- For consoles, the free upgrade to next-gen PS5 and Xbox Series X|S versions in early 2021
All other content, such as exclusive outfits and the Isolation side mission that is part of the PS4 Digital Deluxe and Season Pass, are not included with this bundle.
As for the various specs and features of the next-generation consoles, the game will support ray-tracing on PS5 and Xbox Series X but not on Series S.
- Performance Mode – Targets 60fps performance with 1440p render resolution and 4K output
- Graphics Mode – Targets 30fps performance with ray tracing (transparency and reflections) at 1220p render resolution and 4K output
- NOTE: Only the Performance mode is available on Xbox Series S. It is targeting 60fps with no ray tracing, at 900p render resolution, and 1080p output. This is a limitation of the hardware, not the game.
- PS5 DualSense Support – Support for vibrations and triggers.
- PS5 Activities and Help – Cards and videos that help guide you through the game, and keep track of your progress.
Update: Remedy has clarified that the 1220p resolution is an error and the game runs at 1440p in the graphics mode.
Lastly, your save data is not going to transfer from PS4 to PS5 or Xbox One to Xbox Series consoles. It will only carry over if you are playing the backward compatible version.
- If you are playing the backwards compatible Xbox One/PS4 version of Control Ultimate Edition on your Xbox Series X|S/PS5, then your save file will carry over.
- If you are playing the new Xbox Series X|S/PS5 version of Control Ultimate Edition, your save file will NOT carry over. This is because the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S versions of Control Ultimate Edition features a much newer version of the Northlight Engine compared to the one used in the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the game that shipped in August 2019.
Control Ultimate Edition will be out on February 2nd, 2021, for the PS5 and Xbox Series.