Crash Bandicoot 4 Players Are Unable To Use PS4 to PS5 Upgrade Due To Purchase Error
Crash Bandicoot 4 is one of the games that is leading to some users facing issues when it comes to upgrading from the PS4 to the PS5.
Crash Bandicoot subreddit was full of complaints from users who had purchased the PS4 version but they weren’t able to upgrade to the PS5 version. When they picked the choice to upgrade to the PS5, they would be presented with a purchase error that talked about a “Tracker” version.
What Is Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time Purchase Error
As far as we can gather, this error is mainly occurring for those who had pre-ordered the PS4 version of the game and are now trying to upgrade to the PS5 version. In this case, the PlayStation Store throws away a Tracker error and is unable to complete the upgrade.
While the issue is still on-going, Ask PlayStation has acknowledged the problem and has issued a statement on Twitter suggesting that they are looking into it. At best, this should be resolved soon. Activision is also investigating this issue. At the moment, this appears to be a problem for digital owners of the game only.
How To Transfer PS4 Save Data To PS5
After updating to the latest version of the game on PS4 and initiating the free PS5 upgrade, players can transfer their save data from the PS4 to the PS5 using the following guide that was shared by Activision.
- Before starting confirm you have an internet connection and you are logged into your PS account.
- On your PS4 navigate to the “Select a Save Slot” screen.
- Select the slot with data you want to transfer to your PS5.
- Use your controller to select Upload to cloud.
- You will get a prompt to confirm the upload, select Upload to Cloud.
- You will get a prompt indicating the upload was successful, click continue to return to the game.
- On your PS5 navigate to the “Select a Save Slot” screen.
- Select the slot you want to save your PS4 data to.
- Use your controller to select Download Cloud Save.
- You will get a prompt to confirm the download, select Download Cloud Save.
- You will get a prompt to enter your initials, enter your initials and select Next.
- You will get a prompt to select a playstyle, select Modern or Retro.
- You will get a prompt that the download was successful, select continue to return to the game.
Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time is available now for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, and Nintendo Switch. The file size of the game was recently confirmed while it also appears to run decently on the Nintendo Switch.