Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.22 Comes Out With a List of New Bug Fixes
CD Projekt Red has released a new patch 1.22 for Cyberpunk 2077. This patch is related to some of the crashes experienced by the players as seen in the patch notes.
Cyberpunk 2077 launched in a buggy state and CD Projekt Red vowed to fix the game with post-launch patches. They have released two major updates so far in February and then April and are continuing to release small hotfixes to address the other minor issues.
Here are the patch notes for the Cyberpunk 2077 1.22 update which is out now on PC, Stadia, and consoles.
Cyberpunk Update 1.22 Patch Notes
Quests & Open World
- The Metro: Memorial Park dataterm should now properly count towards the Frequent Flyer achievement.
- Fixed glitches in Johnny’s appearance occurring after buying the Nomad car from Lana.
- Fixed an issue in Gig: Until Death Do Us Part where it was not possible to use the elevator.
- Fixed an issue in Epistrophy where the player could get trapped in the garage if they didn’t follow the drone and ran into the control room instead.
- Added a retrofix for the issue we fixed in 1.21, where Takemura could get stuck in Japantown Docks in Down on the Street – for players who already experienced it before update 1.21 and continued playing until 1.22, Takemura will now teleport to Wakako’s parlor.
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from opening the phone in the apartment at the beginning of New Dawn Fades.
- Fixed an issue where the player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after interacting with a maintenance panel in Riders on the Storm.
- Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs’ clothes.
- Fixed an issue where subtitles were not properly aligned in the Arabic language version.
Stability and performance
- Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes), and other optimizations.
- Improved GPU performance of skinning and cloth rendering.
- GPU and ESRAM optimizations and improvements on Xbox One.
- Memory management improvements on PlayStation 5.
- It’s no longer possible to get soft locked in the key bindings menu if a keyboard is not available
Despite the major fixes released so far, it is still not possible to buy the game on the PlayStation Store. Microsoft still retains a warning on their Xbox Store mentioning performance issues for the game. CD Projekt Red has a long way to go before they can bring it back to the console manufacture standards.