Final Fantasy XVI Is Nearing Completion, With The Last Parts of Side Quests Being Worked On
Square Enix didn’t show Final Fantasy XVI at Tokyo Game Show 2021, but the game’s producer, Naoki Yoshida did give an update in a recent interview.
Hironobu Sakaguchi is the father of the Final Fantasy series. He was behind the beloved franchise until Final Fantasy X and then departed Square Enix. He recently hosted the Final Fantasy XIV director and producer of Final Fantasy XVI, Naoki Yoshida for an interview.
According to a summary of the interview via aitaikimochi, we learn that the game is basically in its final stretches of development. They have worked on it a long time and the only reason they are not showing it is that they want to get everything in the right order.
Here is a summary of what was revealed in the interview by Naoki Yoshida and Hironobu Sakaguchi.
- They have been working on the game for a long time now, but Yoshida didn’t mention for how long.
- They are done with the character models, but they want to improve the quality of some parts of the game.
- The game will be very action-oriented.
- They are working on the last parts of the side quests in the game.
- The main scenarios are complete.
- The initial dev team was small and worked on the main scenarios before they increased the strength of the team and went into full production.
Based on what was revealed today, it is easy to assume that the game is near done but the developers are now trying to polish it before they reveal it to the world again. It was rumored that the game might be out after Forspoken, which is out in Spring 2022, so we could be looking at a launch in late 2022 if things go as planned.
Final Fantasy XVI is confirmed to launch exclusively for the PS5.