Forza Motorsport Best Settings Guide For PC
Xbox Game Studios and Turn 10 Studios’ latest sim racing game, Forza Motorsport, is now available, and we’ve put together the best PC settings for getting optimized performance on mid-end system specs.
Before we delve into the best settings for the PC version of Forza Motorsport, make sure you’ve updated your GPU drivers and Windows to their latest respective versions. Additionally, disable or close any unnecessary background applications in order to reduce the CPU overhead as much as possible. The settings detailed ahead should provide a more optimized balance between graphics and frame rate compared to the presets available in-game.
Forza Motorsport Best Settings
The settings below are there to serve as a broad starting point for further optimization based on your specific hardware specs. As a result, you may need to tweak some settings until you find a sweet spot based on your display’s refresh rate and the overall performance you seek.
- Dynamic Render Quality: Ultra
- Dynamic Optimization: Custom
- Fullscreen: On
- Resolution: set as per the native resolution of your display
- Nvidia DLSS: If available, set to Quality
- Performance Target: Unlocked on a VRR/G-Sync supported display, otherwise set to frame rate corresponding to max display refresh rate
- Resolution Scale: 100%
- Anisotropic Filtering: 16x Anisotropic
- Raytracing Quality: set according to GPU headroom and intended performance target
- RTAO Quality: depending on whether you have RTAO enabled, set according to GPU headroom and intended performance target
- Shadow Quality: Medium
- Cubemap Reflection Quality: High
- Car Model Quality: Ultra
- Car Livery Quality: Ultra
- Windshield Reflection Quality: Medium (or higher, depending on available GPU headroom)
- Mirror Quality: Medium (or higher, depending on available GPU headroom)
- Track Texture Quality: High
- Particle Effects Quality: High
- Motion Blur Quality: High
- Lens Flare Quality: High
Forza Motorsport is the thirteenth main installment in the Forza series. The game is available on Windows and Xbox Series X/S. Unlike previous entries, it is a reboot of the series and will not have sequential numbering.