Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut Requires Twice The File Size of Original Game
Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut won’t be out until August. We have a good idea of its file size now thanks to the official PlayStation Store.
The official PlayStation website for Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut pre-order has listed the minimum file size for the game. If you own a PS5, you will need 60 GB of space to install the game. This is larger than the 50 GB that was suggested for the original release, but the install size ended up at 35 GB. This doesn’t take into account the 12 GB of updates that were released after the launch of the game.
Ghost of Tsushima received a multiplayer mode called Legends after launch. This was released last year in addition to a patch that makes the game run at 60 FPS. The new Director’s Cut brings the full PS5 support with DualSense and a 4K upgrade. It also runs the game at 60 FPS just like through the PS4 backward compatibility patch.
The retail version of the game is also available for $69.99 and comes with the following bonus.
- Ghost of Tsushima full game
- Iki Island expansion: New story, mini-games, enemy types and more*
- Legends online co-op mode**
- Downloadable content:
- Digital mini art book
- Director’s commentary
- One Technique Point*
- Charm of Hachiman’s Favor*
- Hero of Tsushima Skin Set*
PS5 owners can enjoy the following bonus features.
- Dynamic 4K resolution targeting 60fps (requires compatible 4K TV or display)
- DualSense™ wireless controller haptic feedback and adaptive trigger resistance
- 3D Audio (with analog or USB stereo headphones)
- Lip sync for Japanese voiceover
- Ability to transfer PS4 saved progress to PS5 game
Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut will be offered as a $19.99 upgrade to existing PS4 owners, and $29.99 for those who wish to get the native PS5 version along with it. It is currently set to launch on August 20, 2021.