Gotham Knights Update Removes Denuvo, Pirated Copies Already Out
Gotham Knights update was released on PC to remove Denuvo DRM and it has already led to the availability of pirated copies of the game.
Gotham Knights launched with Denuvo DRM on PC but there were severe performance issues that plagued the PC version of the game. If you are having performance issues, check out our best settings guide for Gotham Knights. It appears that Warner Bros. Games has removed Denuvo DRM from Gotham Knights with an update that launched on October 26. It could be an attempt to fix the performance issues of the game, but regardless, it has already led to pirated copies of the game appearing online.
Denuvo DRM usually makes it a hassle for pirates to crack PC games which is why it is now being widely used by most major publishers, however, it is rare to see a big publisher like Warner Bros. Games remove Denuvo DRM so close to the launch of a game.
Here are the patch notes for the Gotham Knights update that launched on October 26 for PC.
Gotham Knights October 26 Update Patch Notes
- Invincible enemies playing a “meditating” animation will no longer appear in crimes.
- Various UI issue fixes.
- Fixed issues caused by graphical settings not being applied properly.
- Various localization fixes.
- Fixed various Keyboard/Mouse specific input issues.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing being able to join friends through invites.
- Various crash fixes throughout the title, most notably during the S.T.A.R. Labs “free the scientists” fight and the Harley Quinn Hospital Boss Fight.
- Fixed an AMD specific crash related to shadows.
- There may be some compatibility issues with Nvidia Ansel that we are still investigating for this patch
In terms of success, the game doesn’t appear to have done that well. It only peaked with 24K concurrent players on Steam which dropped to an average of 4K now. It also has received mixed reviews due to performance issues on PC while the console version hasn’t faired that well with the critics as well.
Gotham Knights is available now for PS5, PC, and Xbox Series.