Gran Turismo 7 Server Maintenance Has Been Extended, Update 1.08 Released
Gran Turismo 7 server maintenance has been extended as the developers have identified some issues with the game and update 1.08 is out now.
The new update for the game appears to have been released in a response to some of the issues that were being reported by the players after the last patch. The game is only playable if online servers are working which means that those who tried to play the game during the server maintenance were stuck at a screen telling them that the game is unplayable.
While Polyphony Digital hasn’t shared the official patch notes for Gran Turismo 7 update 1.08, they have released a statement confirming that they are working on fixing the issues since the last patch and have shared a list of known issues.
“Due to an issue found with Update 1.07, we are extending the current server maintenance period. We will confirm the completion time as soon as possible, ” reads the statement from Polyphony Digital.
Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.08 Patch Notes
Here are the known issues that have been shared by Polyphony Digital so far.
- In the ‘Lobby’, there have been cases where ‘Preparing’ is displayed on screen but the Host cannot start the race. Having all room members leave and re-entering the room will allow the race to be started;
- In the ‘Lobby’, there have been cases where entering the track in Practice does not let you drive and skip directly to the Final Race. In this case, please try to leave and re-enter the room;
- In a ‘2P Split Screen’ race, the Assist Settings for Player 2 are locked. We plan to fix this in a future update. (Player 1 will use the same Assist Settings as defined in [Settings] > [Assist Settings]);
- In the ‘Lobby’, there have been cases where players in the same room do not appear on the member list or during the race. In this case, an application error will occur when the host starts the race;
- In the ‘Lobby’, when the [Room Settings] > [BoP/Tuning Forbidden] is set to ‘On’, the [Assist Settings] return to the default values.
- When spectating in the ‘Lobby’ or ‘Meeting Place,’ if a player switches the camera target to a car in the pits, then changes back to a car on track, the 3rd Person view becomes unavailable. Leaving the ‘Spectate’ mode once will solve the issue.
- Decals cannot be applied to the left front fender of the Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)’16 livery. As a temporary workaround, changing the current car to the Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)’16 and selecting ‘Save Style’ from [GT Auto] > [Car Customisation] will allow for the livery to be created normally;
Gran Turismo 7 is available now for the PS4 and PS5.