Hogwarts Legacy Achieves Over 400K Concurrent Players on Steam, Record Launch for WB Games
Hogwarts Legacy has proven to be a major hit for WB. Games as it has achieved more than 400K concurrent players already in early access.
According to SteamDB, there are currently more than 400K players on Steam that are playing Hogwarts Legacy. This is a massive number, considering the game is in early access and available only for those who have pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition. This edition costs $10 more than the base release of the game.
So how well does this game compares to other games published by Warner Bros. Games? It is a massive opening that even eclipses the launches of PC gaming juggernauts like Monster Hunter World and Fallout 4. These games have been incredibly successful on PC selling millions of copies. This is despite the performance issues with the game on PC along with other known problems.
- Elden Ring – 963K (all-time peak)
- Fallout 4 – 472K (all-time peak)
- Hogwarts Legacy – 421K (As of writing this article)
- Grand Theft Auto V – 364K (all-time peak)
- Monster Hunter World – 334K (all-time peak)
- Monster Hunter Rise – 231K (all-time peak)
- Dark Souls III – 129K (all-time peak)
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice – 125K (all-time peak)
- The Witcher 3 – 103K (all-time peak)
- Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga – 82K (all-time peak)
- Gotham Knights – 24K (all-time peak)
- Forspoken – 12K (all-time peak)
Hogwarts Legacy has a good chance to reach the same CCU player count as Elden Ring since the game is still in early access. It is continuing to grow its concurrent player count. The game has also received great reviews from critics which helped it in the long run.
Portkey Games and Avalanche Software have worked on Hogwarts Legacy which Warner Bros. Games publish. It is currently available for PC, PS5, and Xbox Series. It is also planned to launch for the Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One later.