My Hero Academia is getting a live-action stage play in Japan. We now have our first look at how it manages to transition to live-action.
My Hero Academia is an incredibly popular anime and manga right now. It is currently on course for its fourth season and the manga is also doing really well. The live-action stage play has all the necessary costumes for the characters and they seem to fit their design really well.
The official Twitter account for this stage play has now shared a short video showing it all in action. While the hair looks weird and fake, the costume design is pretty good. The characters look a little aged but hopefully, it works out for the stage play.
僕のヒーローアカデミア」The “Ultra” Stage
2019年4月12日（金）～4月21日（日） 天王洲 銀河劇場
— 「僕のヒーローアカデミア」The “Ultra” Stage (@heroaca_stage) December 22, 2018
The full list of the cast that is playing in this stage play is also confirmed. If you are interested in checking it out, have a look below.
- Shin Tamura as Izuku Midoriya
- Ryōta Kobayashi as Bakugo Katsuki
- Yume Takuchi as Ochako Uraraka
- Hiroki Ino as Tenya Iida
- Ryō Kitamura as Shoto Todoroki
- Mao Noguchi as Tsuyu Asui
- Naoki Tanaka as Eijiro Kirishima
- Yūgo Satō as Denki Kaminari
- Shinichi Hashimoto as Yuga Aoyama
- Saaya Yamasaki as Momo Yaoyorozu
- Nagato Akui as Minoru Mineta
- Rin Matsubara as Fumikage Tokoyami
- Marino Baba as Mei Hatsume
- Daisuke Matsukawa as Hitoshi Shinso
- Raita as Tomura Shigaraki
- Yūsuke Seto as Eraserhead
- Yūki Okamoto as Present Mic
- Yūsuke Ueda as Endeavor
- Tsuyoshi Hayashi as All Might (True Form)
- Hiroaki Iwanaga as All Might (Muscle Form)
- Hayato Takehiro and Makoto Endō as ensemble characters
My Hero Academia’s stage play will run in 2019 at The Galaxy Theatre in Tokyo from April 12th to 21st, and then at the Sankei Hall Breeze in Osaka from April 26th to 29th.