Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered Now Runs At 4K/60 FPS On PS5 and XSX
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered has been updated by EA to improve the support of the game on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, in addition to PS5 and XSX.
According to EA, this update has now added support for the game to run at a dynamic 4K resolution at 60 FPS on the PS4 Pro, Xbox One X PS5, and Xbox Series consoles.
Talking about what’s new in this update on the official blog, EA shared the following statement.
“And if you’re on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X we’ve got some additional slick-looking news for you: downloading this update will improve your resolution and performance to 4K/60FPS. PlayStation®4 Pro and Xbox One X players will also see a boost in visual fidelity with 4K/uncapped 50+ FPS.”
Based on the statement of EA, this could be a native update for the PS5 and Xbox Series consoles instead of something that is running on backward compatibility.
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered Update 1.03 Patch Notes
- Added the Wrap Editor functionality
- Added a decal editor
- Enabled customised wraps to be seen in online races
- Implemented a reporting functionality for wrap content after the end of an online race
- Implemented a new Maximum Setting mode for Gen 4+ and Gen 5 consoles. This allows the game to run in 4K60fps on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, and uncapped to 4k50+ on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X
- Overall stability improvements and memory usage optimisation
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash during the “Protect and Swerve” event, when entering the menu during a collision and restarting the game
- Fixed an issue that could lead to the title crashing when too much autolog data was retrieved from the server, for example by having many friends that raced the same tracks as yourself.
- When changing from Interceptor to another game mode, the lobby should no longer be locked to two players
- Cars should no longer spawn on top of each other during multiplayer Most Wanted events
- The correct PSN icon is now showing in the Friends menu
- Fixed an issue where not all player positions were shown during a multiplayer Most Wanted event in a full lobby
- Corrected the position of a floating patch of grass in front of the Seacrest Tiki Motel
- Fixed a corrupted frame that would appear during the Sand Timer race event
- VoIP settings are working more reliably, and the VoIP icons are displayed correctly
- When unlocking a specific event, the correct cinematic should now be playing
- Fixed a few instance to better align UI elements
- Joining a friend via “Join Session” should now be working as intended
- Fixed an issue where the title could crash when switching controllers when the Xbox menu was open
- Fixed a rare occasion where players could get stuck in the transition from lobby screen to race
- Optimised autolog reporting functionality
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered is available now for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch.