Neo: The World Ends With You Will Take 50 Hours To Complete
Neo: The World Ends With You will be a lengthy game according to the game producer Tetsuya Nomura. It will take roughly 50 hours to complete it.
Neo: The World Ends With You is the sequel to the Nintendo DS original that was also ported to other platforms later including Smartphones and the Nintendo Switch. It is currently confirmed for the PC, PS4, and Nintendo Switch and just received a release date of July 27.
The game has been recently rated by ESRB giving it a Teen rating. Famitsu recently held a new interview with the game producer and creative director, Tetsuya Nomura, shedding some new details on the length and overall story of the game.
Here is a summary of the interview.
- It will take roughly 50 hours to beat this sequel or almost twice the playtime of the first game.
- The game is a sequel to the anime and not the original because Nomura considers the anime the same as the original game, so while it is essentially a sequel, it is technically a successor to the current anime.
- The title doesn’t have a sequel in its name because they wanted to emphasize a new team and creative direction and thus settled on calling it Neo.
- There will be more than 4 party members but Nomura didn’t confirm the maximum number of them.
- There are plenty of characters that have yet to be revealed.
- The team has placed a lot of focus on improving the battle system and Nomura believes this is going to be better than the first one.
Neo: The World Ends With You will be out on July 27. 2021, for the PS4 and Nintendo Switch. It is also confirmed for PC through the Epic Games Store.