Rumor: New Assassin’s Creed Game Details Leaked, Will Be Out In 2020 As Cross-Gen Release
Assassin’s Creed is one of the most popular franchises for Ubisoft. While there is no game slated to release this year, apparently Ubisoft will release one in 2020 and details around this game have leaked online.
This new game is codenamed Assassin’s Creed Legion and it will be a cross-generation release with a launch on PS4, Xbox One and the next generation of consoles.
Details about this game were posted on 4chan, but the track record of most leaks from 4chan is incredibly shaky so take this one with a grain of salt. Here’s a summary of the 4chan leak regarding Assassin’s Creed 2020.
– Next Assassins Creed is codenamed Legion in 2020 on current and next gen
– Set in Italy at the end of reign of Marcus Aurelius (guy from Gladiator) and during the struggles of his son Commodus and the year of 5 emperors
– Play as Cassius or Lucia, a descendent of characters from Origins and Odyssey
– Unclear which is canon, but like odyssey features choices and heavy RPG elements and same story for both characters.
– Made by Sofia to tie up some loose ends for the “Ancient Trilogy” and currently is more first civ intensive than other game.
– Main story is more involved in assassins and politics with first civ and flashbacks to other points in Rome history being secondary. Ubi wants to make it feel more like assassins creed while feeling like Odyssey to make old and new fans happy
– Map is mainland Italy and small part of Gaul and Germania like Libya in Origins
– Revised mercenary and cultist system. Big cultists and main story assassinations have those memory things
Kotaku editor Jason Schrier was asked to comment on this leak and he hinted that it was a fake, so it can be just a fan-made rumor that has somehow gained some ground online. That’s how most rumors work, but Ubisoft is also quite notorious for leaks about Assassin’s Creed game. Almost every game has leaked in some way before their official announcement.
Despite what this rumor might imply, there were already rumors due to the ending of Assassin’s Creed 3 teasing the setting for Origins, Odyssey, and supposedly an Assassin’s Creed game set in Rome as the next one. Again, this could be an elaborate fake that was made around this teaser from the previous games.