PS4 System Update 10.00 Brings Some New Changes With It
Sony has released a new PS4 system software update 10.00 today along with an update for the PS5. You can read about its changes here.
While the newer console enjoys features like support for 1440p and sorting of the games in lists, there is nothing equivalent to the same support on the PS4. However, since the PS4 is essentially a legacy console now, it is not a surprise that Sony is no longer interested in bringing new features to it.
That said, do take a look at what has been improved or fixed on the PS4 with the update 10.00 notes shared below.
PS4 System Update 10.00 Changelog
Main features in the system software update
- While using the Internet Browser, you can now select between two types of zoom functions.
- “Zoom” lets you increase the size of the elements on the page while adjusting their layout so everything fits without having to scroll left and right.
- “Magnify” increases the size of everything on the page without layout adjustments.
- The maximum zoom/magnification rate is now 500%.
Other updated features
We’ve updated the following for Remote Play:
- It’s now easier to use the keyboard on your PC or Mac when using PS Remote Play.
- We’ve removed the text entry box so you can use your keyboard to type directly onto your PS5 or PS4.
- In addition to typing, you can also now use the keyboard to control games that support it.
So having a glance at the changes, there doesn’t appear to be anything major implemented here. There is an improvement made to the Internet Browser and Remote Play, which was also rolled out to the PS5 today.
Let us know if you have noticed any other changes after installing this update in the comments below.