Resident Evil 4 Update 1.04 Drops With Mercenaries Mode, Here Are The Patch Notes
Resident Evil 4 Remake has received its Mercenaries mode today with the launch of a free update 1.04, which also appears to add microtransactions to the game.
While there are no detailed patch notes shared by Capcom, this update is supposed to resolve the issue of flickering lights appearing on the bottom of the screen for the PS5. Other progression bugs have been reported by the players that might be tackled in this new update.
To run the new Mercenaries mode in the game, you will need to purchase its DLC which is free on the PlayStation Store. Once purchased, it will be unlocked in the game after installing the new update. The DLC itself is just a few MB and doesn’t require a large download.
Resident Evil 4 Update 1.04 Patch Notes
[PlayStaion®5 / PlayStation®4 / XBOX SERIES XIS / Steam]
- A new extra game “The Mercenaries” has been added.
Aim for the high score in your battle to defeat as many enemies as possible within the time limit.
- An issue causing flickering lights at the bottom of the screen when certain settings are applied has been fixed.
- A graphics rendering process which resulted in certain environmental details looking blurry has been fixed.
- The dead zone (the range in which the controller’s sticks don’t respond to movement) has been reduced, resulting in more responsive controls.
- Adjusted graphics rendering processes, resulting in improved game framerates.
[PS5 / PS4 / XSX|S / Steam]
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes.
The download size of Resident Evil 4 1.04 update is just around 2 GB on the PS5. Some users are also reporting seeing an improvement in the visual quality for the PS5 version. This might be related to how the resolution upscaling was handled and Capcom could have tweaked it to make it similar to the Xbox Series version.
If you had issues with the game looking blurry on the PS5 or flickering lights appearing on the screen, then this update is required as this might fix these issues.
In other news, Capcom has confirmed that Resident Evil 4 Remake has sold more than 4 million copies. This makes it one of the fastest-selling games in the series next to Resident Evil 6. While Resident Evil 4 Remake is continuing to sell well, Resident Evil 6 dropped like a rock after a massive opening weekend due to the negative critical and fan reception. It still holds the title for the fastest-selling game in the series but that might not apply for long now that RE4 Remake is outpacing it.