Resident Evil 8 Will Be “Meatier” and “Fantastic”, Capcom Expects It To Sell 11M Copies
Resident Evil 8 is going to be a fantastic game judging from the expectations of Capcom and based on the words of a credible insider.
Resident Evil 7 and Resident Evil 2 Remake are continuing to do well for Capcom. Both are selling at a gradual pace with Resident Evil 7 surpassing the sales of the original Resident Evil 5 and 6 to become the best-selling game in the series. It is followed close behind by Resident Evil 2 Remake.
Read More: The Last of Us Part 2 Wins the Most Awards Including Ultimate GOTY at Golden Joystick Awards
According to Dusk Golem, who has been credible so far with leaks on the Resident Evil series, Resident Evil 8 is scheduled to launch in early 2021 and will be fantastic.
As seen in the leaked documents that revealed a lot of the future plans of Capcom, they were aiming to release it in April 2021 while Dusk Golem has heard May 2021 as a potential launch window.
- Dusk Golem suggests that the game is meatier and will review better than Resident Evil 7.
- Capcom is confident in the quality of the game.
- There will be high interest around the game due to the Netflix CG movie in 2021, a new Hollywood movie, and so on.
- Capcom expects the game to sell 11 million copies by March 2025.
- Resident Evil 4 Remake leaked far too early. It still has a lot to go in terms of development.
- Resident Evil Outbreak was a mistranslation, it is actually Resident Evil Revelations 3.
- Dusk suggests he knows about the Biohazard Apocalypse game while he had no idea of the Hank spin-off.
Here are some of the Resident Evil projects that were leaked. This doesn’t list Resident Evil 8 which is out in 2021 but still has no release window set for it.
- Resident Evil Outrage (Q4 FY21) – This is Resident Evil Revelations 3 according to Dusk Golem
- Resident Evil 4 Remake (Q4 FY22)
- Biohazard Apocalypse (Q3 FY23)
- Resident Evil Hank (Q4 FY24)
For fans of the series, there are a lot of games to look forward to in the future. Unfortunately, some of the long-dormant Capcom IPs like Dino Crisis or even Dead Rising appears to be in limbo based on the schedule that has leaked so far.