Sonic Frontiers Update 1.20 Is Out, Here Are The Patch Notes
Sonic Frontiers has received its first of the three content updates with the launch of patch 1.20 today. Here are the patch notes.
Sega shared the patch notes on the official Steam forums confirming that in addition to the game getting a Photo Mode, Juke Box, and New Challenge Modes, there are also some bug fixes that appear to have been implemented as part of this free content update.
Sega has also shared that this is one of the three content updates that they are planning to release for the game. It will add new content to the game without the purchase of any DLC for the game.
Sonic Frontiers Update 1.20 Patch Notes
- Photo Mode: Frame up, edit, and capture your favorite moments in Photo Mode! Capture Sonic in action across a variety of landscapes and create the perfect photo. You can also choose between seven filters to add some flare to your photos.
- Juke Box: Play your favorite tracks while exploring the Starfall Islands, which include tracks from Sonic Frontiers and past Sonic games! You can listen to any of the 53 songs anywhere in the open zones – 13 of which are instantly unlocked and playable as soon as the game is updated. Unlock the remaining 40 songs by collecting Sound Memories across the five islands. Keep an eye out for orange music notes! Please note the Jukebox feature may be inaccessible during certain parts of the game.
- New Challenge Modes: After finishing the campaign, test your skills with new challenge modes:
- Cyber Space Challenge Mode: Race through seven Cyber Space Stages back-to-back in this time-attack mode while competing against the clock!
- Battle Rush Mode: Battle through several rounds against increasingly tough enemies, guardians, and Titans in this timed battle mode! Aim for the fastest clear time with your leveled-up Sonic. If you achieve a higher rank, you may get a special surprise!
- Additional changes to improve your experience while exploring the Starfall Islands:
- The Power Boost animation can be toggled in the Options menu.
- The Starfall Slot Machine can be toggled in the Options menu.
- Cyber Space levels can be restarted mid-level.
- When upgrading Sonic, multiple Koco can now be exchanged at once with the Elder and Hermit Koco.
That’s it for the patch notes for Sonic Frontiers update 1.20. If you have noticed any other changes to the game, let us know about them in the comments below.
Sonic Frontiers is available now for PS4, Xbox One, PS5, Xbox Series, and PC. The game has become one of the fastest-selling in the series and so far has sold more than 3 million copies.