The Callisto Protocol Update 1.09 Drops Today With New Features and Improvements
Striking Distance Studios has released a major patch 1.09 for The Callisto Protocol today bringing in new features and implementing bug fixes.
They had promised post-launch support adding new content to the game including a new game plus mode and this is finally out now with the update that has been deployed today. If you own The Callisto Protocol on a PS5, you might get update 1.009 which is around 11 GB. The update is also being deployed on other platforms, including the PC and consoles.
According to the patch notes for The Callisto Protocol update 1.09, the new feature implemented is a New Game Plus mode that should be playable after finishing the game once. Learn more about the changes in the patch notes shared below.
The Callisto Protocol Update 1.09 Patch Notes
[v. 3.01] January 19, 2023
- Users who previously completed the game will have access to NewGame+ after the patch.
- Application restart may be required.
- Requires an active save file from game completion.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not correctly granted the “The Protocol is About Life” achievement
- Added New Game Plus. Complete the game to unlock New Game Plus and carry your pression over to a new save. All weapons, upgrades, and Callisto Credits can be collected at the first Reforge
- General performance optimizations across all platforms
- Players no longer take damage when vaulting over obstacles
- Fixed multiple issues where certain camera angles or progression paths could cause environments to stream out and allow Jacob to fall through the ground
- Consistency pass on cabinets, lockers, and shelves to display correctly in High Contrast mode
- Voice leveling and subtitle mismatch adjustments across localized languages
- Fixed low frequency crash in the Tunnels level during the Two Head fight
- Skip Cinematics button has been mapped to the Interact/Pickup input
- Fixed a long hitch when enabling Ray-Traced Shadows in the main menu
- Prevented mouse cursor from displaying during some area transitions
- Fixed low frequency crash in Snowcat when Jacob is talking to Dani
The Callisto Protocol is available now for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, and PC. The game was released in December last year and faced criticism due to its bugs and disappointing performance on PC.