The Last of Us Part 1 Update 22.214.171.124 Is Out, Fixes Crashing with RTX 30 Series Cards
Naughty Dog has just released The Last of Us Part 1 update 126.96.36.199 today on PC bringing in some crucial fixes, especially for RTX 30 series cards.
This patch addresses a range of issues including crashes experienced by players using NVIDIA 30-series graphics cards. The update is now live, and users are advised to install the GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 531.58 to ensure a smooth gaming experience.
NVIDIA has specifically addressed the issue in a recent statement, noting that “[The Last of Us Part 1] Game may randomly crash during gameplay on GeForce RTX 30 series GPUs .” For more details on this update, please visit the official NVIDIA website.
In addition to addressing the crashing issue with RTX 30 series cards, the hotfix includes several other fixes and improvements. These encompass UI/UX enhancements, corrections for unintended character behavior involving both playable and NPC characters, and the addition of diagnostic support features.
The Last of Us Part 1 Update 188.8.131.52 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue which could cause the Xbox controller stick inputs to erroneously read as zeros for brief periods of time
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Reset to Default’ function in the Graphics menu under Settings could make improper selections
- Fixed an issue where the HUD performance monitors could impact performance when enabled
- Fixed an issue where a crash could occur when using [ALT+ENTER] to toggle between Fullscreen and Windowed modes
- Fixed an issue where a memory crash could occur during the transition from the end of the game into the credits sequence
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash while the game launched
- Added additional crash report logs to provide further insight for developers
The Last of Us Part 1 launched with some major issues on PC that have been well documented by now. Naughty Dog is slowly chipping away at the list of known issues resolving them with each of the updates that they release for the game. The most recent patch was released on Friday and it is followed by the hotfix today. A major update is also planned to arrive on Friday.
The Last of Us Part 1 is out now for PC and PS5. You can learn more about the PC performance in our best settings guide.