The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Item Duplication Glitch Guide
An item duplication glitch has been discovered in the latest entry in the Legend of Zelda series, Tears of the Kingdom, and here’s how you can use it to your advantage.
This bizarre trick requires Link to leap from a ledge, pull out his paraglider mid-air, and then proceed to duplicate his inventory items before landing on the ground. A video of the glitch in action can be seen here, in which Reddit user USBdongle6727 amasses 20 Diamonds in less than half a minute.
How To Use The Item Duplication Glitch In The Legend of Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom
Outlined below are the steps you need to follow in order to use the item duplication glitch in Tears of The Kingdom.
- Have the item you want to dupe in the last slot of your materials tab (can be accomplished by dropping it and picking up again).
- Jump off a small ledge and paraglide.
- Enter menu and hold an item that has a quantity of 1 followed by the item that you want to dupe in the last slot of your inventory.
- Exit menu and reenter menu. The quantity 1 item will be dropped but the duped item will stay in your inventory. So hold another quantity 1 item followed by desired duped item again.
- Repeat this process accordingly.
It’s worth noting, however, that performing more than 4 iterations of this technique during a single glide may result in certain items on the ground disappearing, owing to an asset limit of approximately 21 items. Furthermore, it is crucial to ensure that the required duplicated item occupies the final slot within your inventory. Otherwise, the glitch may inadvertently remove items from the slot to the immediate right of your duplicated item.
According to the consensus among many contributors on the Tears of the Kingdom subreddit, this method is widely regarded as the simplest and swiftest means of duplicating items, provided one becomes proficient in its execution. Nintendo has yet to patch the glitch out from the game, but it may do so in a future update. Therefore, for those looking to stock up on useful items ought to do so as early as possible.