Animal Crossing New Horizons: How To Transfer Your Island To Another Nintendo Switch
Animal Crossing New Horizons has been updated to a new version which finally allows the player the ability to transfer their Island to another Nintendo Switch.
In the past, a player who has created the Island wasn’t able to transfer their save data to another Nintendo Switch. It was only possible if done through cloud save which was released in the July 2020 update.
The latest update is unique in that sense that it allows native save transfers thus making it easier to transfer Islands between two different Nintendo Switch systems. First, you will need a Nintendo Switch and at least two copies of the game, or just one if you are sharing accounts across two different Nintendo Switch consoles.
How To Transfer Your Animal Crossing New Horizons Island To Nintendo Switch?
- Install the latest update for Animal Crossing New Horizons on the source system and download and run the Island Transfer tool from Nintendo eShop.
- On the target system, repeat step 1, and run the tool on a different Nintendo account.
- Pick the option Entire Island Transfer or Resident Move (Single Player Transfer) on the source system.
- Proceed with on-screen instructions as given by the Tool.
- Once it is complete, you should have your Island on the other Nintendo Switch.
Alternatively, you can also transfer your whole profile data to another Nintendo Switch by following the steps shared by Nintendo, however, it only applies if you are transferring your complete profile. Keep in mind that your Island or Resident will no longer be available on the source system as per Nintendo.
You can also use the Island Backup option to keep a backup of your Animal Crossing New Horizons Island and save data in case of emergency.
This is a better method to transfer save data instead of Cloud Saves. You should be able to transfer your saved data easily and continue your journey in case you are selling your Nintendo Switch or sending it for repairs.
The game is available now exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.