Cyberpunk 2077 Won’t Have Third-Person Cutscenes, Devs Explain Why
Cyberpunk 2077 won’t offer any third-person cutscenes and this time the news was confirmed by CD Projekt Red community lead. He explains why this will be the case.
Cyberpunk 2077 fans were furious to find out recently that CD Projekt Red has apparently dropped the plans to implement third-person cutscenes in the game. Even though they offer a character creator in the game, the implementation of third-person cutscenes was something that they confirmed when the game was first shown at last year during E3.
It appears that with the passage of time, they dropped their plans to make them a part of the game and now the game is playable in full with the first-person view. There will be specific instances when the player can see their customized character like during the inventory screen, but it is mostly a first-person narrative for the majority of the game.
Global Community Lead at CD Projekt Red, Marcin Momot has talked about this in a series of tweets explaining why they decided to remove the third-person perspective altogether.
“Achieving full immersion in an FPP game is extremely important and the decision made by the team to go 100% first person in @CyberpunkGame is something that will benefit it greatly from gameplay and story-telling perspectives, ” said Marcin.
“That said, players will still be able to see their characters in the inventory screen, during driving sequences, in mirrors and, very occasionally, in some of the cut-scenes.”
Cyberpunk 2077 will be out for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on April 16, 2019.