Motion Twin has updated Dead Cells to version 1.17 on PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC. Here are the patch notes for this new Dead Cells update.
This patch adds a new biome called Derelict Distillery. It is an alternative to the High Peak Castle and will be available beginning from the Collector area which leads to the High Peak Castle.
Read More: Xbox Series X: Here Are All The Easter Eggs Hidden Inside The Hardware
Among the new additions are items and a brand new OST. The items include a Tesla Coil and Barrel Launcher. The OST is a demake/8-bit/chiptune version of the soundtrack and can be selected from the option menu. Get the Dead Cells patch notes 1.17 below.
Dead Cells Update 1.17 Patch Notes
- New biome: Derelict Distillery. High Peak Castle alternative, currently available from the Collector area leading to the High Peak Castle.
- New item: Tesla Coil! A medium-range, multi-targeting, shock inflicting turret.
- New item: Barrel Launcher!: Throw explosive barrels on enemies. Just make sure they don’t throw it back to you.
- New OST: You can now choose between the original version and the brand new demake/8-bit/chiptune version of the soundtrack in the Sound option menu.
Quality of life:
- Ice Crossbow: prevent the “worms spawn on victim’s death” affix.
- Added a 60 kills perfect door after the spoiler biome.
- Prisoners’ Quarters: rats density decreased.
- Rats behaviour has been tweaked – it now waits a bit less and go less far in-between two attacks.
- Tweaked damage affixes chances of appearing on an item. They should now more or less have all equal chances of being generated.
- Forgotten Sepulchre 3BC door cursed chest has been replaced by a regular treasure. The cursed chest is now in the main level, and hence available at every BC.
- Weirded Warriors won’t be parrying your arrows if you’re hitting them after one of the dashes.
- Purulent Zombies (the worms trowing one, and yes, we need a different name for one of the two purulent) don’t teleport anymore in 4BC+.
- Sismic Blade can’t proc the bonus damage on rooted enemies affix anymore.
- Hayabusa Boots combo is now composed of only three hits instead of four, meaning the last, bumping, hit comes faster.
- Damage when bumping an enemy in the wall has also been increased (and mentioned in the description, which will now be in french until we get the translations.)
- Nerves of Steel damage increased.
- Infantry Bow damage and ammo increased.
- Swamp of the banished: reduced density of enemies, Giant Ticks do less damage.
- Increase all first bosses and Time Keeper gear level.
- Dilapidated Arboretum: reduced density of little mushies, no more Oven Knights.
- Corrupted Confinement: rats density decreased.
- Explosive Crossbow:
- Melee attack now starts right away with the downward bumping attack. it’s faster but does less damage and the range of the explosion is more limited. The bump to enemies has been buffed, but you’re no longer bumped back.
- Range attack is faster and does more damage than previously, but it no longer stunlocks enemies and bumps them less. Update 20.2
Dead Cells is available now for the PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch.