Dead Space Remake: All Known Issues and Fixes Listed For PS5, Xbox Series, and PC
Dead Space Remake launched earlier this week but not without some known issues, and the development team has now shared some fixes for it.
The devs have acknowledged the technical issues that have been reported by players. These issues include but are not limited to, stuttering on PC, infinite death loops, and difficulties with chapter-specific items and progression.
Additionally, there are graphical inconsistencies reported on the PlayStation 5, challenges with accepting user agreements, difficulties with rendering shaders and game start-up on PC, streaming limitations for Xbox users, keyboard, controller, and graphics driver compatibility issues on PC, and missing game elements such as batteries, weapons, enemies, and schematics. These missing elements can be resolved by ensuring that the game is installed on a solid-state drive (SSD).
The team is actively working to address these issues and temporary solutions have been suggested for some of them. They are also planning to release an update soon to implement a fix for them. If you want to improve the performance of the game on PC, you can also check our best settings guide for Dead Space Remake.
All Known Issues and Fixes In Dead Space Remake
Details on the issue that the development team is working on were shared on the official subreddit for the game.
- Stuttering on PC – still in investigation
- Infinite death loops – investigating, please provide your platform + specs and double check your game isn’t installed on an HDD!
- Various chapter-specific items not spawning or bugs preventing progression – team is investigating what they can, but PLEASE include your platform + specs in your report! If on PC, please double check your game is NOT installed to an HDD, and instead to an SSD. If you must reinstall onto an SSD, select a previous auto save before jumping back in.
- PS5 major graphical issues – The team is working on a patch that will improve the issue on PS5. This patch will also provide an option to disable VRS on PC. No ETA quite yet, but I’ll keep you all updated. Thank you for your patience as well as your help with identifying this issue!
- Some players are experiencing issues accepting the user agreements – team is aware, please submit detailed bug reports but also here’s a silly solution that helped for some: unplug your console for 30 secs and plug it back in.
- (PC) stuck on rendering shaders, crashing, refusing to start up, etc. – make sure you’re installing the game on an SSD and not an HDD. If you have it on an HDD, try uninstalling and reinstalling to an SSD instead. Once reinstalled (also worth trying if you’re using an SSD anyway), try choosing a previous save file and let me know how it works.
- Xbox users not able to stream the game to Twitch – fix is in the works, should be good to go at the very least tomorrow (1/28)
- (PC) Sprinting / keyboard / controller issues –
- (PC) Anyone having graphics drivers issues – try rolling your NVIDIA drivers back to the December versions for now. It’s helped multiple folks. This might also help fix some of the crashing above.
- Anyone noticing the following: battery missing, invisible enemies, weapons missing, schematics missing —> please confirm the game is installed to an SSD and NOT an HDD. SSD is minimum spec, and the game will not work properly on HDDs.
- LRG pre-order codes not working – I’m being told this is fixed. Please attempt to redeem again and let us know if there are issues.
Dead Space Remake is available now for the PS5, Xbox Series, and PC. To learn more about the different versions of the game, check out a comparison on which platform performs the best.