Dead Space Remake Best Settings Guide For PC
EA Motive’s remake of the classic survival horror game, Dead Space, is now available on PC, and we’ve put together the best settings for getting optimized performance on lower-to-mid end system specs.
Before we delve into the best settings for the PC version of Dead Space, make sure you’ve updated your GPU drivers and Windows to their latest respective versions. Additionally, disable or close any unnecessary background applications in order to reduce the CPU overhead as much as possible. The settings detailed ahead should provide a more optimized balance between graphics and frame rate compared to the presets available in-game.
Dead Space Best Settings
The settings below are there to serve as a broad starting point for further optimization based on your specific hardware specs. As a result, you may need to tweak some settings until you find a sweet spot based on your display’s refresh rate and the overall performance you seek.
DISPLAY AND GRAPHICS
- Video Options
- Full Screen Mode: Full screen
- Full Screen Resolution: as per the native resolution of your display screen and preference
- Refresh Rate: as per the native refresh rate of your display and preference
- Vertical Sync: Off on a VRR/G-Sync supported display, On otherwise
- Dynamic Resolution Scale: Off
- Anti Aliasing: Nvidia DLSS on Nvidia GPUs that support it, otherwise FSR
- DLSS/FSR Mode: Balanced (or Quality if performance headroom is available)
- Graphics Quality: Custom
- Light Quality: Medium (or High if performance headroom is available)
- Shadow Quality: Medium (or High if performance headroom is available)
- Reflection Quality: High
- Volumetric Resolution: Medium (or High if performance headroom is available)
- Ambient Occlusion: SSAO (or RTAO if RTX GPU with performance headroom)
- Depth of Field Quality: High
Previously, the new additions to the New Game Plus mode featured in the Dead Space remake were detailed by the developer.
Third-person sci-fi horror shooter Dead Space is a remake of the original game from 2008. The year is 2058, and Isaac Clarke is searching for his girlfriend, a doctor who once worked on the mining spaceship USG Ishimura, when he discovers that it has been taken over by Necromorph aliens.