Details Leak For Quantic Dream’s Star Wars Eclipse (Open World, Action-Adventure, Non-Linear)
Quantic Dream revealed their next major game, Star Wars Eclipse, during The Game Awards 2021. Here are some leaked details for this project.
Quantic Dream has previously worked exclusively with Sony PlayStation to develop a variety of cinematic story-focused games from Beyond Two Souls to Detroit: Become Human. Their next project is a completely different undertaking for them that will venture beyond what we have expected from them.
Two separate insiders have come forward to share details on the project. The first one, AccNGT had leaked a screencap from the reveal trailer before it was announced at The Game Awards and also dropped the name. The source is thus credible in terms of its track record. Here’s what they had to say regarding Eclipse.
- It is an action-adventure game
- It will feature interactive story-telling
- The game is inspired by The Last of Us
- It will be open world
- It will feature some multiplayer (competitive)
- It is being described as an ambitious and original project
- The action gameplay is described as being traditional
- The story will be non-linear
- It will feature more playable characters than any other Quantic Dreams game
- The development started more than a year and a half ago
- They are using their in-house engine for it
- Quantic Dream Montreal and Paris both are involved
The second source is Tom Henderson, who has leaked information on Battlefield, Call of Duty, and Ubisoft projects. Here’s what he had to say regarding this project.
- The game will be written by Quantic Dream Paris (David Cage is involved)
- It is expected to launch in 3-4 years
- They are struggling due to using their in-house engine which is not built for open-world
That’s everything that we know about Star Wars Eclipse based on the leaks. You can check out the announcement trailer, but it is mostly pre-rendered and doesn’t show any in-engine or gameplay footage.