Square Enix has announced Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This was released last year for the Nintendo Switch.
Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition contains new soundtrack, story content, quality-of-life changes, the ability to switch to an old-school 2D mode, and relationships as a new gameplay feature. It is coming out on December 4 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. It will launch on the same day for Xbox Game Pass subscribers.
The game was revealed today during the Xbox Games Showcase that gave a glimpse of the new project in development at Xbox Worldwide Studios.
Here are details on the new features which will be a part of this definitive edition.
- New side stories for companions – Dragon Quest XI has some of the most charming characters of any RPG. This edition of game includes new side stories and adventures that weren’t in the original release, so you can get to know them better than ever.
- 2D mode – You can play the game with either beautifully detailed 3D graphics, but if you want to celebrate the series’ roots, you can also play the entire adventure in retro-inspired 2D. You can even switch between the styles mid-adventure.
- 16-bit World of Tickington – this optional activity lets you visit locations from previous Dragon Quest worlds, full of characters to talk to and quests to complete.
- Japanese audio – You can now play the entire game, including the additional content, with a new Japanese voice track
- Photo mode – As you can tell from the screenshots, Dragon Quest XI is a real pretty game. Now you can immortalize your adventures with a comprehensive photo mode. You can rearrange characters, make them pose, change angles and much more.
Dragon Quest XI S will be out on December 4. It will launch on Xbox Game Pass on the same day. It is releasing for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. PS4 and PC already had the original release of Dragon Quest XI while Xbox One users will be able to play his game for the first time.