Ghost of Tsushima Update 1.05 Patch Notes Confirm New Difficulty and More
Sucker Punch has shared the patch notes for Ghost of Tsushima. This upcoming update will patch the game to version 1.05 and implements some new features.
First up is a brand new difficulty: Lethal. According to the details shared by Sucker Punch, this will make enemy weapons deadlier but the reverse is also true, as Jin’s katana will deal more damage. Enemies will be aggressive in combat and detect Jin faster. The window to parry and dodge attacks is also tighter so there is less room for error.
As the game is massively successful worldwide with more than two million copies sold in just three days, it is bound to get more support with these post-launch updates. Other additions include a Lower Intensity Combat mode and accessibility options for the text.
Here are the details on the new update for Ghost of Tsushima as shared by Sucker Punch.
Ghost of Tsushima Update 1.05 Patch Notes
New difficulty level: Lethal
- – Enemy weapons are more deadly, but Jin’s katana is also more deadly
- – Enemies are more aggressive in combat
- – Enemies detect you faster
- – Tighter Parry and Dodge windows
Patch 1.05 will also include the following new options in the accessibility menu:
Lower Intensity Combat
Lower intensity mode is meant to maintain the heart and feel of Ghost of Tsushima combat while relaxing several timing-specific elements. Combat is less intense, giving you more time to react. Stealth settings are more forgiving, and enemies take longer to detect you.
- – Most enemy attacks which are normally unblockable become blockable when Lower Intensity is enabled. Blocking with L1 will keep you safe from more attacks than standard combat, though some attacks must still be dodged.
- – Enemies break off their attack combos after damaging you, giving you a chance to recover before the next wave of attacks. In addition, your heavy attacks will interrupt attacks from Brutes, giving you another way to stop their combos.
- – Enemies will not attack you while you’re using Resolve to heal
- – Enemy awareness builds more slowly, giving you more time to recover after being spotted
- – Large Text option: Increases text size of subtitles, mission objectives and interact prompts by 150% when enabled
- – Added option to turn speaker name off when subtitles are enabled
- – New subtitle text color options in addition to white: Yellow, Blue, Red, Green
This update is set to go live sometime today so in the meanwhile, you can either continue playing the game or wait for the update to drop before progressing further.
Ghost of Tsushima is available now exclusively for the PS4.