Ghostwire: Tokyo Supports Dynamic 4K With RT On PS5, Uses 3D Audio For Scary Sounds
Ghostwire: Tokyo will be out later this year for the PS5. It is a timed console exclusive from Tango Gameworks that will use the PS5 hardware features.
The game was originally announced with a cinematic trailer and that was followed by a gameplay reveal. It was confirmed then that this is a supernatural first-person shooter. The main creative director behind the game at that time was Ikumi Nakamura. She left Tango Gameworks after the reveal.
The game is still announced for a 2021 release according to the official PlayStation website. The website has also listed the PS5 exclusive features that will be included in it. Just like Deathloop, we get to know that ray-tracing support is confirmed in the game with support for dynamic 4K and HDR.
3D audio is also supported and will be used for scary sounds like ghosts giggling behind your back, and so on. Haptic feedback and adaptive triggers have also been listed as one of the PS5 exclusive features.
- Stunning visuals: With ray tracing and HDR*, the power and speed of the PlayStation 5 console allows you to explore Tango Gameworks’ unique vision of Tokyo twisted by a supernatural presence.
- Fast loading: Get into the action with near instant load times and traverse the haunted streets of Tokyo without load times thanks to the PlayStation 5 console’s ultra high-speed SSD.
- Adaptive triggers: Whether fighting with conventional weapons or supernatural powers, adaptive triggers drive you directly into the action.
- Haptic feedback: Feel the power of your paranormal abilities with unique haptic feedback for every ability and character action in Ghostwire: Tokyo.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech on compatible headphones: An ominous giggle behind you. A distant dog’s bark. The PS5 console’s 3D audio will immerse you in the eerie streets of this unique take on Tokyo.
Ghostwire: Tokyo still doesn’t have a release date but just like Deathloop, it was supposed to arrive in 2021. Deathloop was recently delayed from April to September.