Sony has just released a new PS5 system software update that will your console to version 21.01-03.20.00.04. Here’s what is included in it.
As for the changelog, there is no official one available as of yet. The download size of this update is roughly 900 MB. The last firmware update was for system stability so judging from the small bump in the software version, this could be another stability or performance update.
The last major update for the PlayStation 5 was for version 21.01-03.00.00. This brought support for external hard disk storage to keep PlayStation 5 games. There were other minor changes as well. The official website for the system software update doesn’t appear to show the new firmware as of now but that will change soon.
PlayStation 5 is one of the fastest-selling consoles for Sony. It has sold through 7.8 million units and it is on pace to surpass the launch year sales of the PS4.
Update: Here is the changelog as shared on the website.
- This system software update improves system performance.
- We’ve updated the DualSense wireless controller device software to improve stability.
- We’ve fixed an issue that restricted the functionality of some screens when the screen reader was enabled.
- We’ve fixed an issue where games that you’ve hidden on PS4 were not hidden on PS5.
- We’ve made the process of copying games from USB extended storage to console storage in the game library more stable.
PlayStation 5 continues to receive new games with the most recent addition being Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. It is also set to get a big JRPG exclusive with Final Fantasy VII Remake, which will be out on June 11 along with Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. Another major game that is releasing on June 11 is Guilty Gear -Strive- which will be out for the PS4 and PS5.