Resident Evil 4 Remake Demo: How To Unlock Secret Weapon & Exclusive Difficulty
A playable demo for Resident Evil 4 Remake is now available on both consoles and PC, and we’re here to tell you how you can unlock a secret weapon as well as an exclusive difficulty setting.
The way to unlock the hidden weapon and also gain access to an exclusive, higher difficulty setting in the Resident Evil 4 Remake demo may seem complicated, but it’s actually rather simple. If you’re looking to make the most of your time with the demo and gain access to hidden extras, read ahead.
How To Unlock The Secret Weapon (TMP) In The Resident Evil 4 Remake Demo
Follow the simple steps mentioned below to find the hidden weapon i.e. the TMP, in the Resident Evil 4 Remake demo.
- Play normally until you fight the first Ganado in the basement
- Defeat the Ganado
- Open your inventory and discard everything inside
- Do not pick any item from here onward
- Get to the village section
- The well at the other end by the cow will now be open
- Head down the well to find the TMP inside a blue chest with ammo inside one of the barrels
- As a bonus, you’ll also find a kitchen knife hidden in one of the barrels
How To Unlock The Exclusive Difficulty
By default, there’s no guaranteed way to gain access to the exclusive difficulty, known as “Mad Chainsaw Mode”, in the Resident Evil 4 Remake demo. There’s a bit of RNG involved here, so you’ll randomly encounter the menu screen in the screenshot above. However, there is another way that grants you access to the higher difficulty mode.
At the main menu, press the following buttons in the sequence shown:
- Hold L1 + R1, then press Up, Left, Down, Right, Square, Triangle, Circle, X, X (PS4/PS5)
- Hold LB+RB then press Up, Left, Right, X, Y, B, A, A (Xbox Series X|S)
That’s how you can uncover the secrets in the Resident Evil 4 Remake demo.